From OP: Paranoid was the first Black Sabbath album I ever bought. Back in the dark rainy month of March 1971 it had already been on the racks for some months. I believe it may well have been the band's best album because there was so much variety in song styles and subject matter. Of course the song that was frequently played at that time was the title track, "Paranoid" .. one of my favorite early metal songs with a fantastic lead guitar solo unlike any I had ever heard at that time. I never knew then that the song had been released as a single in 1970, but it had, apparently in August 1970, one month before the album was released. It reached #4 on the UK Singles Chart but only made it to #61 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #79 on the Cash Box Top 100 on December 26, 1970. Years later, this song still rules as does the album. Also from the Darkside, the lovely Raphaella McNamara.
From OP: Paranoid was the first Black Sabbath album I ever bought. Back in the dark rainy month of March 1971 it had already been on the racks for some months. I believe it may well have been the band's best album because there was so much variety in song styles and subject matter. Of course the song that was frequently played at that time was the title track, "Paranoid" .. one of my favorite early metal songs with a fantastic lead guitar solo unlike any I had ever heard at that time. I never knew then that the song had been released as a single in 1970, but it had, apparently in August 1970, one month before the album was released. It reached #4 on the UK Singles Chart but only made it to #61 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #79 on the Cash Box Top 100 on December 26, 1970. Years later, this song still rules as does the album. Also from the Darkside, the lovely Raphaella McNamara.
ReplyDelete